Welcome

"The fool doth think he is wise,
but the wise man knows himself to be a fool".

There's nothing...

Sunday, August 20, 2006
I'm sitting here, and I can't think of a single thing to write about. It's Sunday evening, and I know that tomorrow it's back to work again. Why is it that the weekends are always so short? Sometimes I wish I worked part-time, then I'd have more time to do all the things I'd like to do. But then of course, I probably couldn't afford doing all the things I want to do... Writing of course, I could do that... After all, it costs nothing more than some imagination and plenty of time.

I love writing. I love talking about writing, tossing ideas around. Discussing what you're planning and brainstorming. Yesterday I had a great chat about this with one of my fellow RI ladies, and as we were doing so I remembered why I love writing so very much. The opportunity to create the kind of story that you want yourself. You make up characters and they take on their own life, and eventually you're not writing the story as much as you're just writing down what the characters are doing. While you have some control, the characters are now in charge, and the story (at least when I write) usually ends up all the better for it.

So yes, I love writing. There is nothing I'd rather do as a profession, and I can only hope that one day I will be able to do it full-time.

Do you have any passions? Something you love to do? Some hidden aspirations? Maybe you want to be a singer, or a professional juggler.. or a rocket scientist!
8:01 pm :: Emmie :: 1 Comments

1 Comments:

Hi Emmie,

It's the weekend again :)
I'd like to be a published writer down the road LOL

Isabel

By Blogger Eseebee, at 5:42 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home