Welcome

"The fool doth think he is wise,
but the wise man knows himself to be a fool".

The Art of Being Alone

Sunday, August 27, 2006
I'm single.

There, I said it.

I'm without boyfriend, partner, spouse. I'm not even dating anyone.

And you know what? I'm fine with that. I'm quite happy being alone. Am I allowed to say that? Considering that I write about people falling in love and finding their happily ever after? I'd expect that I am allowed, after all, it's not as if I'm saying love doesn't exist. I just haven't found 'the one' for myself yet.

Being alone actually has both ups and downs. Since I'm a bit of a loner to begin with it really doesn't bother me much. I have no problem about spending my evenings alone when I get home, or even my weekends. In fact, I love it. I don't have to make excuses to anyone if I spend several hours in front of the computer writing. I can watch whatever I want on the TV, I can choose my own movies.

But sometimes I guess you miss having someone to talk to, or snuggle up with.

I guess I'm thinking about it mainly because I was invited to a colleague's house for brunch today, and I was the only one who came alone. Everyone else was a couple. I guess in my age most people are already in relationships, so I often end up being the odd one out. But that's fine, just feels a bit odd now and then. But fortunately we sometimes have a girls' night or so, and that can be really nice.

There no real point to this post I guess. Just some idle thoughts on a Sunday...
6:12 pm :: Emmie :: 0 Comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home