Welcome

"The fool doth think he is wise,
but the wise man knows himself to be a fool".

And so the story ends...

Friday, March 18, 2005
I finished the book! I really did it! I've managed to write an entire book. Not bad, eh? Even if it's crap at least I've written one, right? *lol* I've started proofreading and editing it now and every now and then I have to admit that I start to worry and doubt myself. What if it's not good enough, is there any character development, do I portray them well enough? And so on.. and so on.. and so on.. Well, you get the drift.

Anyway, if nothing else I can pride myself of having written a book. Whether or not I actually get it published, well... that's a different story entirely.

What else has been going on since last I wrote (I really should write more often, I know...) Well, today I got a new job *does a little happy dance* I start on April 25th and I'm really excited. It's as a recruiter in a large, international organisation so it's going to be really interesting and challenging.

I actually didn't think I would get it since I didn't feel that I did as well on the interview as I could have, but I was wrong and I did get it, so now I'm really happy. It's Friday and I found out this morning so that was a really good way to start the weekend. I think I might celebrate tonight with eating some nice dinner. If I liked wine I'd celebrate with some wine, but since I don't... Well, I'll settle for the dinner =)

I've started following a new TV show (ok, new for over here at least, I think in the US it's been running for a while already) called "Lost", and I really enjoy it. I've also started watching "Desperate Housewives" which is quite amusing. Only because I'm waiting for Gilmore Girls to come back on... *sighs* I really like the Gilmore Girls... There's something about the fast paced and witty dialogue that just pulls me in.

Next weekend it's Easter and I'm going off to Paris for a few days where I'll meet up with my sister. We're staying at a hotel and since it's my first time in Paris I'm guessing there will be quite a bit of sightseeing. Fortunately my sister can speak French so I'm not too worried about getting lost. (Cause else I probably would get lost... Don't ask me how, but I would.)

Well, that's all I can think of for the time being. I will try to keep updating this space. Not that I think anyone really cares about what's going on in my life, but it helps me to keep track myself and maybe one day I can look back at this blog and think.. Hey.. I forgot I did that.. oh, and did I do that as well? *laughs* You probably think I should just get a diary, but it's just not the same. Typing on the computer and accessing it from anywhere, it's so much easier.

A good weekend to everyone =)
4:07 pm :: Emmie :: 0 Comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home