Welcome

"The fool doth think he is wise,
but the wise man knows himself to be a fool".

Synopsis? WHY??

Monday, May 16, 2005
Ok, so I managed to read through the entire thing again (my manuscript if anyone is wondering) and although I still fear that it's all lard I think it's time that it went out the door to actually glimpse the light of day. (Ie. someone else is going to have to read it and comment.)

A few people have read it of course, but since they're either related to me or want to stay on my good side since they're my friends (and supposedly want to remain that) I don't necessarily trust their objectiveness. Hence my need for someone to read it and let me know what they really think.

Actually, I just got my very first critique partner and I just sent her the first chapter (and will be getting one from her soon). I'm quite excited about it, albeit nervous. I've never had a critique partner before.

Now... I have a few problems... Hence the antagonistic title of today's blog entry.

1. No matter how I format my manuscript it WILL NOT fit into 400 pages! If I keep it at Times New Roman font is 385, which is fair. But when I make it any kind of Courier font (which is what you're supposed to submit it with) all of a sudden my page count is up at 490!!! HELP!

2. How strict is the 100,000 word rule? I currently have 102,000 words. Time to start cutting? How can I cut my baby? *starts fretting*

3. I happened to see a contest for completed manuscripts and thought I'd enter. They need a synopsis. Que? I don't have a clue how to write a synopsis, and the deadline is quite soon so I don't have a whole lot of time to do it either. Why do we have to use synopsises? *cries* Can't I just send the first chapter? *sniffles* It's not fair... Is there a Synopsis Crash Course out there somewhere?

Ok, so I'm panicking slightly here. Here I thought I was almost done, and then these things happen... *grumbles*

Will crawl back into my hole now and try to figure out how to write a synopsis...
2:28 pm :: Emmie :: 0 Comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home