Welcome

"The fool doth think he is wise,
but the wise man knows himself to be a fool".

Back to Reality

Tuesday, November 01, 2005
I've been back home for about one and a half week now after my vacation in Florida and it's not really until now that I'm starting to get back into the rhythm of things. I miss Florida and my very good friend there, and I hope that I can go back some time soon (thinking maybe first two weeks in March or so). I'm now back at work and after some initial panic (I'm not enjoying myself very much in my current position) I'm mellowing down a bit and feel somewhat resigned to my current situation. I was actually sick for two days last week, I brought back a nasty cold from Florida (don't ask me how I managed to get a cold in a hot place like Florida, I've not quite figured that one out myself) and ended up lying in bed feeling bad and having a terrible headache.

About work, well... To make a long story short I'm not comfortable there. I'm having some problems with some less-than-friendly colleagues, but I also don't really like the work itself. If at least one of the things was something I enjoyed, then it'd be better, but failing in both regards... Well, let's just say that I don't enjoy my working days.

My contract ends in May next year, and I'm thinking I might just leave at that point, unless something drastically changes, which I doubt. It would be nice to go back to Sweden for some time. I'll have a little bit of money saved at that point, so I could move back and stay at my mom's house while looking for a job. Maybe I could go on an extended trip to Florida at that point too, would be nice. I'd love to move there for a bit, just to do something different for a while, but America isn't a country that allows for easy access, so that's not something I can just do. We'll see what the future holds though.

Tonight I'm going to see a movie with my sister in the cinema. Brothers Grimm. I have no idea what to expect, but it's about fairy tales and directed by Terry Gilliam, so it can't be completely without merit.

I have Friday off, which is very nice. I'm taking the opportunity to have lunch with some ex-colleagues and then I thought I'd try and do some cleaning in my apartment. Then as a general plan I have a bunch of things that I need to get started on:

1. Write a synopsis for my manuscript.
2. Edit chapter 3 according to some suggestions I got.
3. Send manuscript off to Golden Heart contest. (there's a deadline here, it has to reach the Houston office by 2 December)
4. Get back to working on manuscript #2 which needs some extensive work on the first 10 chapters before I go ahead and write the rest.

Well, it looks like I've got my next few weekends planned already. :)
3:19 pm :: Emmie :: 0 Comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home