Welcome

"The fool doth think he is wise,
but the wise man knows himself to be a fool".

Let There Be Rain...

Saturday, November 19, 2005
And so the winter weather has begun to set in... I will be very honest with you; I do not like the winter. At all. It's dark, it's cold and it's horrible. Winter is a time of the year when I wish I could just stay inside, light a fire and spend the next three or four months happily ensconced on the couch with a cup of tea and a good book (or a couple of good movies, or why not both?)

In The Netherlands (where I'm seriously wondering if I want to stay) winter means dark and rainy. At least in Sweden (where I grew up) we get snow, which (even though it's none the warmer) at least lights things up a little. Here it's just gloomy and damp. Oh, and let's not forget the hail! I was pelted by the pesky little things when I was walking home from work the last couple of days! And not tiny ones either, huge ones... The size of small puppies! Oh ok... Maybe not quite that big, but you get the picture. It hurts when these hit you on the top of the head!

I will simply have to steel myself and will the next few months to go quickly. With a nice break for Christmas which is a holiday I enjoy very much, so time can go a bit slower for a few days there. (5 weeks and counting!)

Status of synopsis: This is getting embarrassing...
12:24 am :: Emmie :: 1 Comments

1 Comments:

Usually when I read something like Let There Be Rain... I'm in the middle of doing about 20 other things
and don't get the time to site down and digest just what the author is saying. Imagine my pleasure while surfing for kodak christmas lights info to come across Emmie 's blog andactually have time to digest it. Lots of great insight and info here - thank you Emmie.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:35 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home